Day 13 - COVID 19-day Pickleball Fitness Challenge with Eddie & Webby

Onix    TMPR      Selkirk    Electrum   
pb1965logogreen2

Your Instructors:
Eddie & Webby - @eddienotwebby & @Webby

profile-pickleball-pro-eddie-and-webby

Detailed instructional outline by @PickleballPhil

1. What are we doing

Setting aside ANOTHER 19 minutes to complete ANOTHER awesome challenge! We do this in order to grow together as a community and build habits that are going to keep us moving forward towards our ultimate goals! Today we get to have Eddie and Webby giving us our pickleball challenge. I have never seen them play pickleball like most of our Pickleball pros, but they are pros on the mike! I have loved listening to them and love their humor. Like in true Eddie and Webby fashion we get an awesome challenge that will surely get us sweating!

2. Why it works

Remember your brain is hardwired to function within routine and habits. Try to do your drills at the same time in your routine! Eddie and Webby did such a good job of giving us a bunch of workouts that we haven’t seen yet. Core and leg strengthening are so valuable regarding our game. Increase our control and power in order to increase our ability to do what we want on the court.

3. How it relates to pickleball

Hitting against the wall is important to focus on technique and not just hitting against the wall. make sure you keep your weight on the lead foot and not the back foot when hitting the ball against the wall. Increase difficulty by hitting forehand to back hand and making sure you switch lead foot depending on if its backhand or forehand.

4. Outline & Demonstration

Activities:

1. (1 min) Pivot each 5 ➞ 5 Wall dinks
  2. (1 min) High Plank
  3. (1 min) Leg Raises to 90 degrees and lower➞ Hands under hips
  4. (1 min) Elbow Plank
  5. (2 min) Leg Raise 6” off the ground Feet together hold 10 sec ➞ Feet apart Hold 10 sec ➞ Feet together hold 10 sec
  6. (10 times) Squats
  7. (10 times) Jumping Jacks ➞ Wall dink 5 times (Repeat a total of 3 times)
  8. (30 consecutive) Wall dink ➞ “weird” backhand dink
  9. (1 min) Jump Rope
  10. (1 min) Wall Sit
  11. (1 min) Jump Rope
  12. (90 sec-2 min) Wall Sit

Activity Modifications:

1. (1 Min) High Plank ➞ Elbow or knee plank
  2. (1 Min) Elbox Plank ➞ Knee plank
  3. (2 min) Leg raise hold ➞ Lift the legs higher than 6 inches off the ground
  4. (10 times) Squat ➞ Glute Bridge
  5. (10 times) Jumping Jacks ➞ Step Jacks
  6. (1 min) Jump Rope ➞ Jumping Jacks, Step Out Jacks, Fast Feet, High Knees
  7. (1 min) Wall sit ➞ Modify the position by sitting at less than a 90 degree angle

5. Go & Do - Return & Report

Review how this fits in your day, ALWAYS! Sometimes it takes multiple times of your routine to find out what you are willing to do consistently. Now, reply to this post and put your proof you completed the challenge! This is a GREAT video challenge for all of us to do that will help us improve our lives and ultimately work together towards a greater goal!

Reply below to “post your proof” yellow arrow down

4 Likes

That was in keeping with true Eddie and Webby style! If you need a modification for the squat or want to make the knee plank more challenging this will help.

4 Likes

@Webby and Eddie, this was both entertaining and a good workout! Love the trick shots and associated exercises. Made the workout fun. I was reminded of how incredibly weak my core is, thanks for that. :smirk:

6 Likes

Thanks @Joe_Zaleski, we’re glad you liked the workout. :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @eddienotwebby and @Webby for a great and entertaining workout! The core work was tough! It made me appreciate the wall sit :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for these!

7 Likes

Got the family doing wall sits. @Jmcshinsky and @smcshinsky

9 Likes

@smcshinsky that’s great!

1 Like

90 sec wall sit at the end was rough. :woozy_face:

8 Likes

I completed my workout today around 11:30. No action shots today. We had limited time and my photographers were outside for “recess” before the rain moved in. Thank you to both @Webby and @eddienotwebby for a core burning workout.

5 Likes

Lots of modifications were used for this workout, including the ball. Used CJ’s modifications to save my knees and modified the ball (foam) to save the plaster in my old house walls. Really cold and rainy here today… Thanks Eddie and Webby!

4 Likes

You guys are hilarious! Way to make this workout fun, even though it was a killer ab workout and my legs about died ending with a 90 second wall squat!

6 Likes

@eddienotwebby and @Webby thank you guys for this workout. it took me all day to do it but I did it. Lots of core and those wall sits at the end were killer. I think this was sneaky tough for sure! Time for an Epsom salt bath and bed.

5 Likes

Perfect form, and your dog is so cute!!

2 Likes

I’ve been crossing my fingers that someone would successfully attempt the Twirly Bird Special, or DMD @eddienotwebby and @Webby! I can tell it must really take a lot of training to pull off those moves!

tenor-225263184

4 Likes

Only the slickest of the slick even dare to attempt these Slick Trxx!

1 Like

Man!! What a workout! I added some additions to the drills like weight curtesy of @Kyle_Yates for wall sits and some addition to the leg lifts! @eddienotwebby and @Webby you guys are awesome and I loved the theme for the workout!

4 Likes

Good workout guys. Bet you had fun putting that together and you made it fun for us too. Thanks!

4 Likes

Dinkasaurus Rex is probably my favorite lol! Yet another great workout!

1 Like