Day 01 - COVID 19-day Pickleball Fitness Challenge with Phil Lamoreaux

Brilliant “Corona Cones!”

giphy-49

3 Likes

Okay I did it! I worked out for three hours before this then remembered today was the launch of the fitness challenge- so I’m a bit slow and the form isn’t great, but I got sweaty and had fun! :smile: Yay for working out! Love seeing all of your pictures- so happy to be doing a fitness challenge with my pickleball fam! :heart: P.S. I took a video of my whole workout- but I’m not sure how to upload it?? @jordan I need your techy help lol :joy:

1 Like

Way to go! I love your workout space! :smile:

2 Likes

Awesome!!! Isn’t working out even better when you have a buddy?! :smile:

2 Likes

Great workout! This is going to be a fun 19 days!

1 Like

@suzeeanderson13 this is now the second time I’ve heard of Tabata!

I’m excited to see what tomorrow brings…

giphy-22

Great question… Here’s a long answer. And here’s the short answer… The best way is to post to Facebook or Instagram b/c those platforms handle video the best. Then just paste a link to your social post, right here!

Here’s an example of how it would look if you posted to Instagram…

(@PickleballPhil himself…)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_i3pELA0A8/

Now I gotta get out there and do mine. I got 3 hours of safe, social distanced, pickleball in today. #bestdayofmylife (Well… every day I wake up and take another breath… becomes my new best day! haha) Can’t wait for tomorrow!

3 Likes

I elected to choose basketballs as my “cones” that way I had to pay a little more attention and get higher on the hops. I couldn’t upload and videos or else I would have and I don’t even know if my photo will work, hope it does!

4 Likes

Had to get the whole team dressed in their uniform for Day 1! Thanks @PickleballPhil for getting us up and moving!!

4 Likes

Hot stepping!

4 Likes

Jumping with feet together at an angle was the most challenging for me. My dog was very entertained…LOL

5 Likes

Why yes I did procrastinate this until just now :grimacing:

BUUUUTTT I still did it so :tipping_hand_man:t4:

In all seriousness this was a fun and very efficient workout, thanks @PickleballPhil!

This is the best screenshot I could get from my video, lucky for me my face is blurred so you don’t get the full effect of my “holy crap I’m gonna have a heart attack” face :joy:

3 Likes

I did it! It was late in the day and I’m exhausted but it was awesome!!! Excited to see what tomorrow brings!!

8A721776-B092-4210-974F-8EC2C95DAA5A

2 Likes

Thanks for hosting this!image

3 Likes

In the beginning I was like, this isn’t too bad…

Now at the end, I may look happy with my Paddle in tow, but I am beat. Thank you Drill Sargent @PickleballPhil!

3 Likes

@Talyn It doesn’t matter when it is done! It matters that it is done! Good job on completing the challenge. Tomorrow’s is going to be sweet!!

2 Likes

Couldn’t get my cool time lapse to load (said wrong format). But here’s a screen shot! Super fun!!

3 Likes
I’m late posting but I promise I did it yesterday!!

I followed @Hyrum_collier’s lead and went with the COVID-19 themed “cones” - tubs of Lysol wipes!

I wish I could have joined you in the morning @PickleballPhil

Maybe when I’m all caught up on sleep. Orrrr… maybe not until this challenge is over :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m so so so glad that you chose to join us! One of the main reasons I built this particular forum Elevate Pickleball was so that people can share their goals they are working on… or challenges they are doing… and invite others in the community to join them.

One of the most valuable components of a community like this, is accountability. Even if we all don’t know each other (yet) we know we have one thing in common… a passion our beloved sport of pickleball!!

I hope that everyone will not only stick with us through these brutal 19 days, but also come back afterwards… with a new goal in mind! Anyone can start their own post. And then keep coming back and checking in, on the daily!

We’ve got each other’s backs!!

2 Likes

Started with pickleballs for cones but it was too windy and they rolled everywhere so then just did the basic essential chalk Xs to complete!

image|231x500

3 Likes

More out of shape than I thought I was. Side walk chalk for me. Doing the evaluation of my routine this morning I should do my challenge in the morning. I usually wake up before my alarm and I tell myself I should get up and walk but I find an excuse to lay there.I hope to use this challenge to make my mornings more productive. I did this challenge just before dark because I watched it to late this morning to do it then. My biggest problem is I don’t have a wall I can bounce balls off of especially before 6 in the morning

1 Like