Day 02 - COVID 19-day Pickleball Fitness Challenge with Megan Charity

I love your workout spot! Looks awesome :slight_smile: Congrats for doing today’s challenge!

2 Likes

6 miles plus the HIIT! Wow, you’re a beast! Congrats on completing today’s challenge!

1 Like

Let’s go Jason! You’re right, it’s super important. I love that drill too, it works on that explosive power that we need for short sprints.

great workout @Megcharity!

That was a drink from the fire hose! As one of the few “seniors” in this group, I’ve modified some of the drills to a lower impact style (ie. Power Jacks instead of Jumping Jacks/Rope), but with the same cardio benefit. I also moved out into the grass for a softer landing space

. Both strategies were to make it easier on my knees. Honestly, I barely made it through this one.

4 Likes

I haven’t jumped a rope in years! Loved the plank and throwing the ball:)

6 Likes

This makes me happy! I love the ideas you did for modifying the activity!!

1 Like

Done :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Awesome job, Shannon!

1 Like

Karen! Thank you for sharing your exercise modifications. These exercises can be intense. I was dying yesterday during Day 1 and have a feeling today will be just as hard!

My good friend @betterpickleball also suggested to me that we should have some variations for folks who may not be able to do more intensive drills. I think that’s an amazing idea.

Perhaps @K2_COLS_OH, @betterpickleball could work together with the person offering the daily routine to help come up with some variations, and we can work together to get them added to the Original Post! What do y’all think?

Thoughts @Megcharity? I know we’re prob going to have some more challenging routines and it would be great to offer alternative suggestions for those who can’t do certain things. i.e. You did a great job in your video offering an alternative suggestion when one doesn’t have a jumprope… but to take that one step further… what about some of the older folks who may struggle doing any kind of jumping, due to bad knees, etc? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I’m happy to help however I can!

4 Likes

Yoooooo! You’re killin’ it! I love the ball blur from your planks! The only thing that would make your drill even better would be to put that Onix Fuse away and replace it with a Dura… give us hope that we’ll be back on the outdoor courts soon! (Indoor was great this winter but i’m so excited to get back outside!)

2 Likes

These were great. Thanks. Great way to start the day.

3 Likes

Thank you Jordan. I would be happy to help in any way I can! Not an expert on this stuff, just trying to adapt to make it work for me. Thank you for hosting this!

2 Likes

Great work out Megan and nice enthusiasm with your video! My heels are burning, kicked up my plantar fasciitis a bit. Time for some ice!

2 Likes

I didn’t have a way to video myself, so posted the photo after I finished. I used my cones, the crack in our garage floor (that was handy lol) my timer, a rug my husband happened to have out there for mountain climbers and planks (I attempted the toss and catch, but need more practice on it!) This was in the afternoon because in the morning I had already done a low impact aerobic workout, 30 min. total body workout, walk 1 mile, and played an hour of skinny singles with my husband. It was a great addition to my routine today. Thank you so much!

4 Likes

That was fun, even though I just go at my own pace, I’m enjoying so many different things to try.

1 Like

Got my workout DONE! :boom: I don’t have cones so I used giant rocks today :smile:

4 Likes

After yesterday and today I don’t know if I will walk tomorrow. By the third set I was just basically walking through it but I finished.

3 Likes

Good one today!! My pic didn’t happen but I loved it!!

1 Like

I have so been there, lol! Today every time I had to stand on my tippy toes my calves would immediately cramp! But I think that’s the best part of working out- that soreness that comes a day or two after! It means we worked hard and earned that soreness and now we are just getting stronger! :smile::muscle:t2::boom:

2 Likes