Day 17 - COVID 19-day Pickleball Fitness Challenge with Frank Anthony Davis

That is one of my favorites as well because of the challenge. You can also try to do it straight legs the whole time if you really want to push it. I can only get to 5-6 with straight legs at this point. :rofl:

1 Like

Wow what a great area to exercise in? Is that your backyard!?

1 Like

Great job everyone! I am glad that you are all finding some value in this routine. It really has been great for me, especially preceding a long day of singles matches.

Some of you are surprised that I went with this routine instead of something cardio or agility based. So I wanted to expand on that a little bit.

When I was thinking about this challenge and what I wanted to share. I initially thought about designing a cardio or speed enhancing drill. But I really wanted to give you all something that I actually do on a regular basis.

The plyometric and cardio exercises that I do are pretty challenging and slightly elaborate. Plus you’d want to do those types of exercises for at least 30 mins or an hour to really get the benefit.

I really love this core routine because no equipment is required and it is very accessible even to beginners. I always travel with my yoga mat when I travel so that even in a hotel room I can just pop out of bed and easily do this routine.

If you are consistent with just this one simple routine you will eventually start to feel stronger and have more energy throughout a normal day. But it does take a couple months for your body to adapt. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@frankanthonydavis Thank you for the drills you chose! They really are awesome and I love the idea of doing something simple and small daily in order to RAISE your base level. that way the larger and more difficult drills become less difficult. I have been putting simple drills into my day right before I go to bed in order to have a stronger forearm baseline. It has made it so much better!

1 Like

Ha! Yes that is my backyard. Don’t let all the green fool you. It’s fake grass. We have fun back there.

2 Likes

Wow I am jealous! I would prefer the turf myself :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m a few days behind on posting, but man were my abs burning after this one! Thanks @frankanthonydavis

2 Likes