Pickleball Forum introductions... đź‘‹ Start Here!

I always love seeing a good ATP! Please describe this amazing shot!

4 Likes

Welcome! I love a good ATP or ernie good stuff. I’m amber welcome to this fun place :metal::wink: we all love pickleball here.

3 Likes

Blake here. Pickleball addict for sure. I credit pickleball with helping me start to get back in shape. I played for the first time almost 2 years ago on a family vacation in St George and 2 years later and 100 lbs lighter I’m really starting to love this game.

When I’m not pickling I’m a full time recruiter and part time cooking educator and home chef. I love the Utah Jazz and the Philadelphia Eagles and I know almost everything there is to know about the teenage mutant ninja turtles.

My pickleball goals are to play as much as possible and meet more like minded fun players.

My pickleball dream is to play a tournament with a friend or my wife.

Keep pickling my friends!

7 Likes

Ted, here. This summer will be my 7th year playing. Still trying to perfect and or learn different strokes and shots. 4.5 level and hanging on to it barely. Looks like another month of lock down. Took a long drive today to get out of the house and interacted with just one other human.

5 Likes

@cjandy21 needs to give us the play by play of his epic ATP :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:wave: Hi @tbryson , and thanks for joining the pickleFAM here! I sure wish I found pickleball 7 years ago! I just picked it up last year. You can read my whole novel… i mean story, over here Pickleball made a huge dent in my life… Here’s the story Hopefully I can join you in the 4.5 ranks, this year :crossed_fingers:

Nice to meet you as well @blake.wilson! You’re in good company here fistbump

Ninja Turtles, eh?! I’m not a diehard but did find an vintage Rocksteady action figure from my childhood which I just bequeathed to my kiddos. And they love it!!

100 lbs?!! That’s amazing. It makes is a little easier to stick with with a weight loss workout is as fun as pickleball. That the big problem with working and general “exercise” to lose weight. If it’s not your thing, then it’s reeeeally hard to stick with. But pickleball… you can play for hours and 2,000 calories later still want to keep playing! We played for almost 8 straight hours on my birthday, before all the lockdowns started happening. #bestdayofmylife :heart_eyes:

You work at Pluralsight?! Awesome. I know a handful of great folks over there!

We’re going to start some fun fitness challenges over in the #elevate forum so be sure to head over there and hit the bell icon and subscribe so you know when we get started!

2 Likes

@jordan that rocksteady is legit! Looking forward to elevating and seeing all the great things the site has to offer. What an awesome way to bring people together.

4 Likes

Hey. I’m here for all the sick trix. :metal:t3:

4 Likes

Oh there will be plenty of those here!

But in the meantime, you can enjoy this original from Eddie & @Webby…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfwyJMRWQ7k

5 Likes

Hey all! I am Stan and I started playing pickleball about a year ago because the Spanish Fork city built courts by my house. So I decided to give it a try. Now I am hooked like the rest of you. I like working hard to level up my game and get better all the time. I am always searching for more information on how to improve my skills and become a better player. Thanks for letting me be part of your group.

2 Likes

Hi! Kat here! I Just started playing the sport last summer! I’m definitely addicted! The best part of this sport is that I have made so many awesome friends!

5 Likes

Hi everybody! I’m Mario Barrientos straight out of Santiago, Chile! I’m currently living in Provo, Utah and attending BYU. I started playing November 2019 and I definitely love this game.

6 Likes

Hello from BC Canada, missing Pickleball but doing some yoga and going on walks to keep moving. I’m into this Pickleball thing for a couple years, really like working on it and seeing the improvement with coaching sessions.

I’m involved with Pickleball Canada and will be taking over their social media platforms soon so join me at the links below as I bring some new life there. I’m also looking for Fun Pickleball material, graphics, sayings, video links, and all things Pickleball so please send me ideas and I might be able to use them on our online pages. And if you do graphics I would love to hear from you as I can give credit and provide a link to your work if we use them. Email me at rhondastoner@shaw.ca

Twitter ———> @pickleballCA
Facebook ———> https://www.facebook.com/PickleballCA/

4 Likes

Welcome to the fam Blake!

Do any of the TMNT have middle names? Genuinely curious lol

Hey @tbryson! :wave: Glad you’re here!

7 years?! That’s awesome! I need to work on getting out of the house more during all of this too, distanced of course.

2 Likes

Welcome @smcshinsky @kathmck22 @Maritido @Rhonda!!! It’s so great to see so many new faces here!

Pickleball is so great! I tend to get REALLY bored with things when I don’t feel like I have room to grow and get better so Pickleball has been a massive ray of light in my life. It’s so much fun to see other grow and progress as well! Can’t wait to hear more from you :muscle:t3:

5 Likes

It was in fact @kathmck22 that hit the ball to make it possible!

3 Likes

Welcome guys!! This is going to be a really cool site to connect and help each other accomplish our goals!

3 Likes

Hey, @PickleballPhil! I will try to adequately describe the shot ha. If facing the net I was playing the right side, probably 3/4ths the way back to the back line when @kathmck22 hit a great cross-court shot. I hesitated for a second because initially I thought it was just too good of a cut for me to get to. She cut it so well that I thought there is no way I am going to get to that, but instincts kicked in and I darted after it. It wasn’t until I got to the ball that I realized I had the angle at the ATP. As I had mentioned I was quite far back and at this point quite far out that I lunged for it and put everything I had into getting it back into play and to my surprise It landed quite deep just barely in for only my 2nd successful ATP! Such a fun shot! LOVE this game! Still plenty left to learn and hone in on. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Rhonda where-abouts in BC are you located?! I served a mission for my church up there for two years and absolutely love it up there!

2 Likes

@Talyn nope! Let me push up my nerd glasses. No TMNT middle names. Plenty of nicknames and in some iterations they took on the least name Hamato and once Mikey addresses a letter to himself has michaelangelo Splinterson but to the next of my knowledge no middle names. Fun fact my old paddle was actually named Michelangelo.

2 Likes