Sandy1965

Sandy1965

I am a cancer survivor that fell in love with pickleball after completing treatments and giving it a try when I felt tennis was no longer something I could do comfortably with a port still in my chest.(I was just a rec player, nothing serious)

I have been playing for 2 years and in that time I became a USAPA Ambassador, a PPR certified coach, and I now teach pickleball at 2 local Y’s . I enjoy the fun of rec play, but I have also played local tournaments, and enjoy the competition. I have played 1 sanctioned tournament so I have a doubles rating of 3.5 and singles 4.0.

I watch as much pickleball as I can, trying to learn from others, and in turn love teaching what I learn as well. My goal is to continue to improve, to become a pro instructor, continue to grow in my knowledge and skill, and to help others along the way.

One a personal level, I have been happily married since May 21, 1988. I am a Christian and attend United Trinity Church Assembly of God, where I am the Children’s Church leader and board secretary. I am a fitness instructor and personal trainer at Long Branch Area YMCA. I teach Pickleball at my local Y, as well as one in another town. I love people and fitness, so I have my dream job.