Best Pickleball Net Under $200?

What pickleball net do you recommend for under $200?

4 Likes

Picklenet -oval design, around 160.00. Wider oval frame design adds strength and durable design. It can be tightened better than most on the market of comparable price. Wide flat center post design doesn’t poke through fabric as easy after wear.
Voyager promo code of any net gives you an additional 5% off at pickleballcentral.com

1 Like

I really like the HEAD nets. They are sturdy and have the oval tubes and flat center post. I sell them for $169 + tax

1 Like

Hey Dylan… I hear that a lot of portable nets are out of stock right now b/c of the virus. :disappointed: When all the cities started taking down nets I guess the portables are the only way pickleballers could get their fix.

I got a great deal on a Vulcan net from a local pro @tylerloong. Cheaper than anywhere you’ll find online. But i’m pretty sure they’re out of stock for now. I also picked up one of their mini 10’ practice nets. They are very tight and sturdy. No sag or anything in the next. I get out my measuring tape to make sure the heights are correct and never even have to adjust. it’s perfect, ootb. there are also white line markers on both end posts so you can know exactly where to raise the net to.

On the topic of great quality nets, I’ve heard that the Swift net is a great option, but I think that one is around $300. I think @kimc767 has one. Kim, how would you compare that to other portable nets? Worth the extra money spent?

2 Likes

I think there’s a lot of great nets under $200, to me they’re all the same. I’ve helped set up and take down all sorts of nets. I bought the SwiftNet for over $200 but it’s been my best purchase so far in pickleball. It has been incredibly durable, especially when I’ve set it up and taken in down almost daily, weeks on end, and it’s so lightweight. But the best parts are how easy it is to set up and take down by myself and how it’s always the correct height, I never have to worry about it. If you think you’ll want your net to last, I’d go with the SwiftNet. I know there’s at least one local person that can get it for around $250 and for that little extra cost, I’d say it’s worth it. And if you haven’t seen it or checked it out, let me know. You can try out mine to see what you think.

3 Likes

Thanks for your advice Kim. I’d love to try it out!

1 Like

The Swift net is a great idea, very light and has a top draw cord. But it has many cons, making this expensive option not worth it. If you pull the top draw cord too tight, it become unstable, also, the center small plastic piece that keeps downward pressure on the ground to keep the top cord sort of tight will move out of place very easily while playing, and the net “bounces” which you do not want. You want a tight, sturdy center post that move move down in the middle. Other cheaper nets perform much better.

1 Like

Hey Dylan,
I have been using Oncourt Offcourt Net it is one of the best net I have found. Its quality is good and is also available in reasonable price specially your quote of under 200.
While if you want much more quality then I will recommend Onix Pickleball Portable Net it is owned by my cousin and is of great quality as well as it is also portable. I hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

@NawaMali I have really liked the Onix net. My friend got one and loves it and it is easy to set up.

https://onixpickleball.com/KZ3001-3

A11N Sports, my sponsor, has some GREAT quality nets for pretty inexpensive. Check out their website www.a11nsports.com to find the perfect net.