Better Pickleball - Virtual Summit Day Two

Day 2–Red Herrings, Rules, and “the Force”?

Michael Jordan said, “Get the fundamentals down, and the level of everything you do will rise.”

Tony Roig from In2Pickle shares his philosophies to avoid the red herrings and focus on the things that’ll improve your game the most. Grab a rule book and follow along as Don Stanley, Certified Referee teaches you how to make the rules simple. Everyone wants a robust immune system, and Dr. Ernie Medina tells us how to use YOUR Force to remain healthy and safe, now and into the future.

Welcome and Introductions!

2020-03-24T19:00:00Z2020-03-24T21:30:00Z

@betterpickleball CJ Johnson from Better Pickleball

unnamed-2

After watching the summit, did you have a question that didn’t get answered in the chat? Or perhaps you thought of something you wanted to ask after the stream was over. Not to worry!

This is the perfect place to tell your favorite presenter what’s on your mind. Click the reply button at the bottom of this post. If the presenter has a @ in front of their name, they are part of pickleballist, and you can tag them in the reply. If not, we’ve got you covered. The notification comes to me, and I’ll personally answer your question.

youtube

Pickleball Fundamentals-Avoiding the Red Herrings

2020-03-23T19:05:00Z2020-03-23T19:35:00Z

@In2Pickle Tony from In2Pickle

Are you working to become a better pickleball player but not improving at the rate you expect? Then you’re not on the Right Path.

Tony’s here to put you on the Path to Improvement. He’ll shares his secrets to becoming the best return team, slowing your opponent’s progress, and giving you the time to get to 11 points before your opponents do. Tony is here to shine the light on your Path so that you can become the best player you can be.

youtube

Pickleball Rules: Myths & Grey Areas

2020-03-23T19:40:00Z2020-03-23T20:45:00Z

@donstanley7189 USAPA Certified Referee

pblist retouched (1 of 7)
** “You mean I can go into the zone without hitting the ball?”** What are some of the myths about pickleball rules?

Social media makes it easy to read and repeat seemingly true concepts about the rules, when, in fact, the truth is often different than what is repeated. If you want to dig deeper and learn the truth about pickleball rules, then Don Stanley Certified Referee, Registered Referee Trainer and Head Referee for the PPA tour is just the person to help. His passion for the rules is contagious!

youtube

Rallying Your Inner “Forces” to Battle COVID 19

2020-03-23T20:50:00Z2020-03-23T21:20:00Z

Dr. Ernie Medina from Loma Linda Univ

pblist retouched smaller ernie

What can you do to boost your immune system and rally your inner defenses against COVID-19 and a course of a variety of other health issues? The answer is “NEWSTART.”

Dr. Ernie Medina, Jr. is a graduate of Loma Linda Univ School of Public Health (LLUSPH), focusing on lifestyle behavior change. While trained in various areas of lifestyle (especially stress management, smoking cessation, nutrition, & wellness coaching), his passion is in physical activity and has earned the nickname “Physical Activity Evangelist” after almost 30 years of empowering people to be more physically active.

youtube

unnamed-1
2 Likes

It was so great to have several people connect with me even after the summit concerning pickleball rules and scenarios. It is interesting how many misconceptions about the rules and the duties of the referee are floating around. Please feel free to contact me at any time if I can be of assistance.

2 Likes