Day 09 - COVID 19-day Pickleball Fitness Challenge with Michelle Esquivel

Thank you @Michelle ! Love the foot drills. Love the balance drill. Do NOT love walking planks and push ups ! I had already done push ups in my regular workout in the morning, so gave myself permission to do modified push ups a couple times, and just the walking planks a couple times. Whew!
I am quite sure my neighbors next door now think I am crazy too. I imagine the kids saying "Mom, why is she playing hop scotch on her deck? (the balance jumps must have looked like that lol) It was a good one though! Oh, the mat was to keep from getting splinters from my deck too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You are not alone! I am much stronger in my legs than arms. I don’t mind planks, or even walking planks, but push ups…ugh.

5 Likes

good workout! My first set of pushups I did seven and barely finished it so decided to do 3 push-ups on the last one and that was good enough for me! Definitely got a good burn in!

5 Likes

Michelle, is your middle name “killer”? Got through today with some modifications provided by CJ @betterpickleball. Liked the 3 sec balance pause - harder than it looks.

4 Likes

LOL! I’m glad it was challenging Karen! Thanks to CJ for making those great modifications. I realize not everyone is at the same level, so she did a great job with her recommendations :hugs:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Almost forgot to post today. Great workout this morning Michelle! I loved the balance drill. Plank walks… not so much. :sweat_smile:. It’s all good stuff though. Thank you for talking the time to show us some new skills!!

3 Likes

Thank you, that makes me feel better! I’ve been really trying to get my arms to be stronger, and I know they are, but they’re still pretty scrawny and I can’t do a lot. Working, working, working though to become stronger! :smile::muscle:t2::blush:

2 Likes

The Plank Walk is a killer, a good choice Michelle but a killer! :anguished:

4 Likes

Yes Sandy I am the same!!! I can plank (for limited amount of time) and do some weights- but pushups? I can’t even do one!! Maybe that should be our goal for the year?? Be able to do 5 push ups in a row by the end of the year! Want to do have that goal with me?!

1 Like

For those of you who are struggling with the push ups- try doing them with your knees on the ground (grab a towel or mat so they don’t scrape).
I also recommend trying to go down slowly. Try going a quarter down and build your way up to half way down, then 3/4, then all the way.
I mean this in the most loving way, but I am glad you guys are pushing yourself out of your comfort zone with the upper body exercise! If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you. Great work all of you! Be proud, this is a tough routine. :muscle:t2:

@picklethe50 I will see how many regular ones I can do on a day I haven’t already done my regular workout that had push ups in them too and let you know. Modified on the knees I can do, but regular ones have been a challenge for the last 3 years. It is good to have goals and someone to do them with though, thanks!

@Michelle Put this day down as the one where I say “that doesn’t look too bad” but yet definitely made me sore. :rofl: Good stuff! Thanks for the excercises!!

5 Likes