First Paddle please

Hi Everyone my name is Joe.
Played my first games and am addicted.
I would like to know the best first paddle, am athletically inclined but have never played tennis or ping pong ect. Am willing to go with the latest raw carbon fiber but don’t want to spend a ton.

Hey Joe! Welcome to the addictive world of pickleball! It’s fantastic to hear about your enthusiasm for the game.

Choosing your first paddle is a big step, especially since you’re athletically inclined but new to racket sports like tennis or ping pong. Here are a few pointers to help you find the right paddle without breaking the bank:

1. Weight: Since you’re athletic but new to racket sports, a mid-weight paddle (around 7.3 to 8.4 ounces) might be a good choice. It offers a balance of power and control.
  2. Material: While raw carbon fiber paddles are top-notch, they can be pricey. You can find high-quality paddles made from composite materials that are more budget-friendly. These often offer a good blend of power, control, and feel.
  3. Grip Size: Make sure the grip size is comfortable for your hand. A standard grip size for pickleball paddles is around 4 to 4 ½ inches.
  4. Paddle Shape: Standard shape paddles are a safe bet for beginners. They offer a good balance between hitting surface and control.
  5. Price Range: You can find a really good paddle in the range of $50 to $100. This price bracket offers a variety of options that are high-quality without being overly expensive.
  6. Brands to Consider: Look at brands like Selkirk, Paddletek, and Onix. They offer great beginner to intermediate paddles that won’t empty your wallet.
  7. Try Before You Buy: If possible, try out a few paddles before making a purchase. Some clubs or stores offer demo programs where you can test different paddles.

Remember, the best paddle for you is the one that feels right in your hands and suits your play style. As you play more, you’ll get a better feel for what you like in a paddle. Enjoy your pickleball journey!