I'm kind of a big DILL

unnamed
Good, now that I’ve got those bad puns out of the way we can continue :wink: If you know me, then you know that making bad jokes takes up almost as much of my time as pickleball does!

Oh man…where did this all begin? If we are being technical then the first time I was introduced to pickleball had to be in high school, around 2013/14. I have two distinct memories from that experience.

1. I was definitely playing the game wrong
  2. We all thought that the wood paddles were better than the “Plastic” ones :joy:

After high school, I didn’t play or even think about pickleball for at least 2 or 3 years until one day my boss (who also happens to be my best friend’s dad) invited me out to come play with him and my friend. At the time I just figured “Why not?”. I saw it as an opportunity to get out and exercise while strengthening the relationship between me and my new boss.

After that I was hooked, we started playing more and more, and eventually getting to where we are now - playing 2-3 times a week. There is no question that my pickleball journey is still in its infancy and I am sooo excited to see where it goes.

Pickleball has taken me on a very interesting ride over the past couple of years. I have met so many great people through pickleball that I would have most likely never run in to, including our fearless leader @Jordan and now all of you! I wish I had more to say in this story but the majority of it is still being written! I foresee a lot of growth, learning experiences, and tournaments in my future as well :slight_smile:

Thank you all for being here helping to grow this amazing past time we all enjoy so much I can’t wait to see how far pickleball goes!

3 Likes