Pickleball Forum introductions... 👋 Start Here!

It was in fact @kathmck22 that hit the ball to make it possible!

3 Likes

Welcome guys!! This is going to be a really cool site to connect and help each other accomplish our goals!

3 Likes

Hey, @PickleballPhil! I will try to adequately describe the shot ha. If facing the net I was playing the right side, probably 3/4ths the way back to the back line when @kathmck22 hit a great cross-court shot. I hesitated for a second because initially I thought it was just too good of a cut for me to get to. She cut it so well that I thought there is no way I am going to get to that, but instincts kicked in and I darted after it. It wasn’t until I got to the ball that I realized I had the angle at the ATP. As I had mentioned I was quite far back and at this point quite far out that I lunged for it and put everything I had into getting it back into play and to my surprise It landed quite deep just barely in for only my 2nd successful ATP! Such a fun shot! LOVE this game! Still plenty left to learn and hone in on. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Rhonda where-abouts in BC are you located?! I served a mission for my church up there for two years and absolutely love it up there!

2 Likes

@Talyn nope! Let me push up my nerd glasses. No TMNT middle names. Plenty of nicknames and in some iterations they took on the least name Hamato and once Mikey addresses a letter to himself has michaelangelo Splinterson but to the next of my knowledge no middle names. Fun fact my old paddle was actually named Michelangelo.

2 Likes

What’s up Kat!! I agree with you. There are so many awesome people that play. Hopefully we can get through the next few weeks so that we can all play again soon.

3 Likes

I am currently living in the Utah county area and the fam is doing great. When I am not chasing pickleballs around the court I am chasing kids around the town—I am a stay at home dad while my wife is going to school full-time. The thing I love most about pickleball is that it gets me out of the house and gives me a pretty good workout—depending on how many games I play. The thing I don’t like about pickleball and really any competition is when competitiveness is way out of check. Craziest moment it pickleball is when I am at the kitchen line and someone blasts the ball at me an my reactions takeover an I somehow get a paddle on the ball and in falls back in the kitchen with some crazy spin on the ball making it hard to return. My current goals 1) I would like to start playing with a regular group and 2) get some tournament play in. I am really working on fundamentals of the game right now because I am still pretty green—breaking old tennis habits.

4 Likes

You can use tennis type shots but the real secrets are in when to use them. 3rd shot drops and drops in general especially when you or your partner are in trouble. Learn those or incorporate those shots as often as you can and when you want to rip it let your tennis skills out!

4 Likes

Hi!! My name is Mitchell and I live in good ole Brigham city where the best Pickleball is played! I am currently trying to zip up to pro level play and am sitting right at the 5.0/high level 4.5 play! This is my introduction so I can get an extra 5 entries for Pickleballlist

4 Likes

Hi Kat, welcome. I agree with you and Paul there are so many great people involved in the sport. Besides the people what’s your next favorite part about pickleball?

2 Likes

Hey, I live in American Fork, Utah and I’ve been playing for about 4 years. I mostly just play for recreation, but recently I’ve been wanting to get in more competitive.

I also love being outdoors in nature and programming computer software.

4 Likes

Steve here. Just looking to find some pickleball in Charlotte NC.

3 Likes

haha awesome! That’s super interesting!

1 Like

If you can’t find any just grab a couple people and force them to play :wink: They’ll be hooked!

Besides great people, I feel that it is more than just hitting the ball over the net. I like setting up plays and executing them. I always have about 3-5 plays ahead in my mind so I can envision how I want to set it up. It is a mental game that helps me to continue to grow mentally and physically.

2 Likes

Hello. My story: I played Pickleball when I was in high school. And when I came out to South Jordan I met Dan and Jordan. They told me about a tournament they were in. I checked it out won the tournament and now I play when I can. Glad to be here.

4 Likes

I wish I could have won my first tournament. Well done! I ended up in 4th in my first one with my buddy.

3 Likes

Gene Click
USAPA Ambassador Oklahoma City
President Greater OKC Pickleball Club (800 members strong)
Married 13yrs
Father of 3 Katelyn(18), Audrey(18), Ethan(17)
Been playing pickleball for 5 yrs

6 Likes

What’s up
I’m DJ. Living in FT Worth Texas.
Love pickle ball for the fun exercise.

5 Likes

What @Wuzup is not emphasizing here (which is the really crazy part) is that he showed up to watch my partner @danisonhighland and I lose play in the pickleball tournament. One person ended up not showing up and so a gentleman didn’t have a partner.

Sir David Grant stepped up to the kitchen and said “I’ll play!” I don’t remember exactly what he was wearing but I can tell you he didn’t have tennis/pickleball shoes. And everything about his outfit made it clear he was a spectator.

Against all odds, David and his newfound partner and friend ended up taking it all the way to the top, and winning the gold! It was epic! clapping

4 Likes