Pickleball Forum introductions... šŸ‘‹ Start Here!

Weston!! I didnā€™t know you play!?! Send me a message with your number and I can definitely hook you up with a lot of great pickleball people in Davis County.

2 Likes

Landonā€™s the man. :metal: welcome

2 Likes

My name is Dave. I am from Waterford Michigan. I have been playing a couple of years. I was introduced to the game by a friend who lives in St George Utah. They were having a tournament and it looked fun so I bought a couple of paddles. Being a racquetball player I felt right at home jumping into pickleball. I really like how social the game is. What I donā€™t like is there isnā€™t enough courts and play after work for us working folks. I hope to see you out on the courts soon.

4 Likes

Welcome Dave! Yes, many people including myself are not only drawn to how fun the game is but also the social aspect. Dink on! (When itā€™s safe againā€¦)

2 Likes

I apologize for not officially introducing myself yet. Iā€™ve been planning to post my #pickleball-stories but it has taken longer than I expected and is still coming. In the meantime If you want the quick introduction, my name is Landon Daly and I live in Farmington, Utah. My wifeā€™s name is Amy and we have 2 kids. I am a Pharmacist who crosses borders helping seniors with selection and enrollment of healthcare plans. Working with insurance allows me a lot more flexibility to play pickleball than a standard pharmacy job. Which is what weā€™d all prefer, right?

I started playing pickleball around August of 2018 and since then Iā€™ve been playing 6 days/week on a normal week. With the assistance of my brother I run a pretty successful free shootout/ladder league in Farmington that has grown much bigger than I ever imagined. I currently teach lessons both private and group, but I have yet to market that as I am working with a local tennis academy to start up a pickleball program soon. I am on Team #Selkirk as an Advocate because, well, youā€™ll just have to wait to find out why when I finish my #pickleball-stories.

Itā€™s great to be here in this #Pickleballist community with you all!!

4 Likes

Hi! My name is Nicole Havlicek. Iā€™m originally from Toronto, Canada and I now live the California Bay Area (Norcal).

I believe it was late in 2016 when I first learned of pickleball. I noticed a group of people gathering to play this ā€œweird gameā€ with what looked to be enlarged ping pong paddles and a whiffle ball.

They would play regularly on the same tennis courts at a time of day just before the junior players and I were about to step out their to get our tennis academy kicked off for the day.

I had no idea what I was looking at for several weeks until I later struck up a conversation with the group organizer who explained to me what this sport called ā€œpickleballā€ was all about.

With a busy tennis teaching schedule, it wasnā€™t until the following summer that I first picked up a paddle between tennis coaching sessions at a retreat I was working at in Mexico. Some people on the retreat also brought all their pickleball gear and were eager to play as well as introduce others to the game. I was curious so I jumped in.

Shortly after that, pickleball was being launched at the club where I worked and I assisted in putting on the grand opening event.

It was there that I met Jordan Briones, a local player that was widely considered one of the best players in the country at the time. Jordan invited me to play with his regular group the very next week.

I went and that was itā€¦I was hooked and started going every week. The people were great and the game was addicting and so much fun!

Thanks to my tennis playing background, I picked it up pretty quickly and also got IPTPA certified and began coaching.

Shortly thereafter,Jordan and I teamed up and Co-Founded primetimepickleball.com.

Together we strive to bring high quality online instructional videos to the pickleball community. Our primary goal is to help players like you take your game as far as you want it to go. We aim to be the most helpful instructors we can possible be and bring you the best content we possibly can. Check out our YouTube Channel here: PrimeTime Pickleballā€™s Youtube Channel.

6 Likes

Hey Chris! Love your back story! My husband, Ben, is way more introverted so he is happy with all the alone time but I am also going crazy with this quarantine and canā€™t wait to be back on the courts! So awesome about your wicked ATP- it feels so good when it actually works :smile:. I wish you the best of luck in winning a tournament- you can do it!!! :+1:

2 Likes

Hi I am Gabrielle and I am a crazy pickleball enthusiast! (The fact that we are all a part of a social media platform for pickleball says that I am in good company!!! :smile:) I live in Washington with my awesome husband Ben and I play pickleball as much as I possibly can and I freaking love this sport and the amazing people in the community. I am on a journey to do a pickleball tournament in all 50 states and have an Instagram (@picklethe50) to document my journey and just share the general pickleball love. I love studying pickleball rules (in the process of becoming a certified referee!) and love to watch professional matches! If you ever need somebody to nerd out :nerd_face: about pickleball with, Iā€™m your gal!

6 Likes

@picklethe50 That is a pretty cool goal! Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have a blast on that path. How many of the states have you played a tournament in thus far and which ones?

2 Likes

Thank you! I have done 5- Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, and Minnesota! This summer I was supposed to do Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Indiana, and California, but some of my tournaments got rescheduled due to the coronavirus so I am not sure now which states I will do this year. Hoping to do at least 4 more, minimum! :slight_smile: Are you a tournament player??

3 Likes

I will be, I am currently suffering from a hip injury but I plan to play tournaments as soon as I am able. Which tournament were you planning on playing in California? Was it the Golden State Pickleball Championships by chance?

4 Likes

Hello everyone! Iā€™m Ty Pamiloza. Iā€™m originally from the Philippines and living in Utah for 5 years now. I am a Physical Therapist who specializes in Occupational Health. I have a background in table tennis and a big fan of Tennis. My favorite tennis players are Roger Federer and Maria Sharapova. I discovered pickleball exactly a year ago (April 2019) when I saw this funny looking court that looks like a tennis court but way smaller. I looked it up in the internet and I was immediately intrigued. Itā€™s basically the combination of my two favorite sports: Tennis and Table Tennis. I played several times with my partner and was just hooked into it. Since then, I have met so many awesome people, played in so many tournaments, learned so many life lessons and this sport just made me a better person overall. Iā€™m a super competitive person but just loved the social aspect of this sport.

6 Likes

I have had the pleasure of playing with Ty he has the most contagious smile & is a great competitor. We are lucky to have you hooked on this sport. :metal:

4 Likes

Welcome Catherine! Itā€™s so great to have you here. I love watching all your matches!

2 Likes

Oh man I am so sorry about your hip injury!!! Injuries are the worst. I hope you recover SO quickly! I will be playing at Nationals! It will be my first year at Nationals and I canā€™t wait!! :smile: Are you from Cali?? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gabrielle,

Put Alabama on your map in 2021 as we host the first USA National Indoors Championships in Birmingham. Fabulous facility and warm southern hospitality! Registration is open.

Stan

4 Likes

They are literally THE WORST. I am finally on the mend. Still a ways to go but Iā€™ll continue working at it until I get there.

Yes, I live in the Bay Area in California.

2 Likes

Kolby here. live and play in northern Florida. been playing about a year and a half and have been addicted since day 1.
I would say my best shot to date was more of a last stand. I was playing witha teamate who lacked mobility so I had to cover more of the court including any lobs. I returned 2 lobs, 2 overheads, as well as several other shots. we lost the point but one of my memorable moments. Glad to be jumping into the forums :grin:

3 Likes

Yes that is the tournament I will be doing when I go to Alabama! 2021 is a real possibility! One of my best friends lives in Birmingham :smile:

2 Likes

Yay so glad to hear you are mending- I hope the rest of your recovery is speedy and you will be 100% by the time the quarantine is over and we can play pickleball again! :smile: Oh so awesome! Iā€™ve actually only been to California once and it was the very Northern part for a friendā€™s brotherā€™s baseball tournament back in high school- so itā€™s basically as if I have never been. Canā€™t wait to make it down there for Nationals this year!

3 Likes