Pickleball Video Category

To start, this is not about how to post videos on Pickleballist. To learn more about how to do that follow this link: Additional file extensions:

Just want to put this out there for input and feedback from the Pickleballist Community.

What do you think of having a new category dedicated to Pickleball Videos. Still with the ability to post with your comments and have a discussion but all in one place. Sometimes it’s hard to run around the internet to find good videos so this could serve as a central hub and would get you going in the right direction.

I was thinking it would also be awesome if the videos were also sub-categorized or tagged so it was easier to find the type of video you were looking for.
Examples:

• Instructional

• Full Match

• Highlight Reel

• Entertainment

• etc.

Anyway, just a thought, let me know what you think?

5 Likes

I think this is a great idea sounds like a good tool to look for and find videos.

4 Likes

I completely agree with @atuttletuttle especially in reference to the Instructional bullet point!

2 Likes

This is an interesting idea and definitely something I think should be considered and explored. Here is something I put together for the IPTPA on their website:

I envision something along these lines. The categories in there could be how the Instructional section mentioned by @Landon gets sub-categorized.

Full Match could be categorized by singles/doubles and then levels.

Highlight Reel & Entertainment may not need further sub-categorization.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Yes!! This type of resource organization makes a powerful tool. This is awesome, thanks for sharing!

Agreed

4 Likes

I think it is a great idea. It always helps when videos are available by category since it’s easier to hone in on subject areas that will help to provide solutions to our game. Thank you.

3 Likes

I like the support! Let’s list and review some specifics then. Help me out.

• Instructional - @nicole I kind of made it different from your example but it’s mostly the same. I’m not sure to what level you think this should be the same as you made it for the IPTPA? Thoughts?
    – Strategy
    – Dinking
    – 3rd Shot Drop
    – Volleys
    – Ground-strokes
    – Serving/Return of Serve
    – Lobs
    – Overhead Smash
    – Grip
    – Specialty Shots
    – Para Pickleball
  • Full-Match
    – Singles
    Pro, 5.0, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5, 3.0, 2.5
    – Doubles
    Pro, 5.0, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5, 3.0, 2.5
  • Highlight Reel
  • Motivation/Mental Gym/Mind Game
  • Webinar Replay
  • Off-Topic Entertaining Videos (Use whichever Jordan doesn’t use for Off-Topic Discussions, either Kitchen Sink or Water Cooler)

Possible Tags
#MD, #WD, #MXD, #MDPro, #WDPro, #(Each level)
#tournament, #recplay
#ATP, #Ernie, #AmazingRally, #Blooper, #lowlight

1 Like

I think also having it be into categories of 3.5, 4.0 up to open/pro.

2 Likes

Maybe a tag/category for those to drop their videos for video analysis would be a good idea too. I am seeing a couple of people that regularly ask for analysis from the community maybe if more people start doing that it would become necessary. #lookatmeplay #videoanalysis #whatamidoingwrongorright