Vanguard- Selkirk

Did anyone else see the new teaser for Selkirk’s new paddle!? I don’t know if their marketing team is made up of a bunch of wizards and I’m just falling for their trickery, but that new paddle looks SWEET🤯 what are your thoughts on it? Predictions of which core they went with?
4 Likes

Selkirk is really impressive with their media. It looks a lot like the Engage Encore in its shape. i’m sure it plays very similar. It will be interesting to see if it is just the shape that has changed, or if it has gotten more technology on the paddle like the Onix Premier paddle.

4 Likes

It said Vanguard Epic on the paddle, so I assume it will be the Epic shape thy has been in existence for over 5 yrs now since they made aluminum core paddles.

It’s been confirmed that the faxing material is carbon fiber. No word as yet as to what the core is.

3 Likes

They do a great job with their teaser videos. They were the first company in pickleball to run a successful launch campaign. Anyone recall the AMPED videos. Masterfully done job of teasing out details.

It drives our brains nuts when we get incomplete information. We HAVE to know more. It’s a tough inclination to fight.

3 Likes

Good observation! Let’s hope for new tech, gotta keep things exciting!

1 Like

I am pretty excited about it. I might have some paddles go up for sale so that I can buy that one.

2 Likes

tenor-212129134

I ended up dropping $150 on the Invikta Cali edition, at nationals, b/c it was just so good looking! Maaaaybe it had something to do with Mr. McGuffin playing with it :thinking: And the majestic selkirk cali blue was seen everywhere at nationals, since they were one of the main sponsors. They are SO GOOD at marketing!

Y’all should drop some links @brandon to the amped vids your’e talking about. I don’t recall them. If you post a youtube link, for example. and have the link be on it’s own line (in the editor) then it will embed the YT video right inline.

I didn’t see this Vanguard series teaser either. Where did you see that @Talyn? Linky?!

2 Likes

How do you know so much about paddles?!

:smirk:

1 Like

It’s my “job.” LoL

I have a weird memory, especially as regards sports equipment. I can remember the paddle model, color, and weight of everyone’s paddle I play with, as well as the weight, down to the .1oz of all 100+ demos I own. I know what bikes my friends ride and their gear ratios.

Try asking me what my best friends wife gave birth to though and I’ve got a 50/50 shot boy vs girl. :joy::cry:

2 Likes

For your viewing pleasure❤️

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9jx7NqAwkG/?igshid=1jmuda5epz8lg

1 Like

I saw it on some guy’s FB page but I also found it on the YouTube.

https://youtu.be/0SYk9yVbYAM

2 Likes

I have tested them now for a while. You will like the core, and the feel on all the Vanguard line. Soft but responsive, quiet but generates reactive power. The original US Open release is a little delayed now with the current state of the nation, but you enjoy it when you get one. And even more exciting news for later… :grin:

2 Likes

Great input here Randy! Looking forward to getting my hands on one!

Of course you leave us hanging with this :smirk:

2 Likes

Is the Epic the only model coming? I have 2 Epics currently.