Detailed instructional outline by @PickleballPhil
1. What are we doing
Setting aside ANOTHER 19 minutes to complete ANOTHER awesome challenge! We do this in order to grow together as a community and build habits that are going to keep us moving forward towards our ultimate goals! Today we get to have Eddie and Webby giving us our pickleball challenge. I have never seen them play pickleball like most of our Pickleball pros, but they are pros on the mike! I have loved listening to them and love their humor. Like in true Eddie and Webby fashion we get an awesome challenge that will surely get us sweating!
2. Why it works
Remember your brain is hardwired to function within routine and habits. Try to do your drills at the same time in your routine! Eddie and Webby did such a good job of giving us a bunch of workouts that we haven’t seen yet. Core and leg strengthening are so valuable regarding our game. Increase our control and power in order to increase our ability to do what we want on the court.
3. How it relates to pickleball
Hitting against the wall is important to focus on technique and not just hitting against the wall. make sure you keep your weight on the lead foot and not the back foot when hitting the ball against the wall. Increase difficulty by hitting forehand to back hand and making sure you switch lead foot depending on if its backhand or forehand.
4. Outline & Demonstration
- (1 min) Pivot each 5 ➞ 5 Wall dinks
- (1 min) High Plank
- (1 min) Leg Raises to 90 degrees and lower➞ Hands under hips
- (1 min) Elbow Plank
- (2 min) Leg Raise 6” off the ground Feet together hold 10 sec ➞ Feet apart Hold 10 sec ➞ Feet together hold 10 sec
- (10 times) Squats
- (10 times) Jumping Jacks ➞ Wall dink 5 times (Repeat a total of 3 times)
- (30 consecutive) Wall dink ➞ “weird” backhand dink
- (1 min) Jump Rope
- (1 min) Wall Sit
- (1 min) Jump Rope
- (90 sec-2 min) Wall Sit
- (1 Min) High Plank ➞ Elbow or knee plank
- (1 Min) Elbox Plank ➞ Knee plank
- (2 min) Leg raise hold ➞ Lift the legs higher than 6 inches off the ground
- (10 times) Squat ➞ Glute Bridge
- (10 times) Jumping Jacks ➞ Step Jacks
- (1 min) Jump Rope ➞ Jumping Jacks, Step Out Jacks, Fast Feet, High Knees
- (1 min) Wall sit ➞ Modify the position by sitting at less than a 90 degree angle
5. Go & Do - Return & Report
Review how this fits in your day, ALWAYS! Sometimes it takes multiple times of your routine to find out what you are willing to do consistently. Now, reply to this post and put your proof you completed the challenge! This is a GREAT video challenge for all of us to do that will help us improve our lives and ultimately work together towards a greater goal!