Suzee Anderson - @suzeeanderson13
Detailed instructional outline by @PickleballPhil
1. What are we doing
Setting aside ANOTHER 19 minutes to complete ANOTHER awesome challenge! We do this in order to grow together as a community and build habits that are going to keep us moving forward towards our ultimate goals! Today @suzeeanderson13 is giving us a simple, but truly difficult workout! The whole workout should take you about 14 minutes, and you will want to do the workout with the video playing at the same time. She has it in real time already set up. I love it!! I know I’m going to get tired!!
2. Why it works
Remember your brain is hardwired to function within routine and habits. Try to do your drills at the same time in your routine! @suzeeanderson13 is one of the most focused and intense players I have ever had the pleasure to play with. What I have learned is that Suzee is one who pays attention to the details. These workouts are amazingly difficult and work on great lateral movement and quad strength.
3. How it relates to pickleball
Suzee is a very strong player and aggressive on the court. I remember playing against Suzee and her husband and both are great players. Because the hard game has always been a difficult part for me I kept the ball away from @suzeeanderson13. Part of that is because she is so strong in her movement. Pay attention to her drills and do your best!
4. Outline & Demonstration
Please warm up your body for 3-5 min with some brisk walking or a dynamic warm up.
4 exercises in total. Exercises are done for 20 seconds as many as you can and still maintain proper form, then 10 seconds rest. You do this for 8 rounds and then rest 1 minute.
Suzee has included a timer in the video so all you have to do is hit play and follow along for the entire workout! Even your rest minute is included with ~30 seconds of instruction/video and 30 more seconds of resting.
- (20 seconds on 10 second rest) Burpees ➞ Repeat 8 rounds Rest 1 minute
- (20 seconds on 10 second rest) Plank Ups ➞ Repeat 8 rounds Rest 1 minute
- (20 seconds on 10 second rest) Lunge with Star Jack ➞ Repeat 8 rounds Rest 1 minute
- (20 seconds on 10 second rest) Skaters ➞ Repeat 8 rounds Rest 1 minute
- Burpees ➞ Wrist issue-Use a set of dumbells for the plank or Inclined Mountain Climbers
- Up Down Planks ➞ Wrist Issue stay on the elbows move the arms two inches forward and then back
- Lunge Jack ➞ High Knee March with a Step Out Jack
- Skaters ➞ Eliminate the hop from side to side and hold the position slightly longer
5. Go & Do - Return & Report
Review how this fits in your day, ALWAYS! Sometimes it takes multiple times of your routine to find out what you are willing to do consistently. Now, reply to this post and put your proof you completed the challenge! This is a GREAT video challenge for all of us to do that will help us improve our lives and ultimately work together towards a greater goal!