Day 06 - COVID 19-day Pickleball Fitness Challenge with Dayne Gingrich

I will try to post the link to the video:
today post workout

3 Likes

When your kids and dog wake you up before the sun it helps :joy:.

2 Likes

@Sandy1965 Wow! You did it on an incline??!! LOL. That must’ve been brutal. Great job.

Storms cleared just long enough to get the workout in. My daughter took a turn and we modified it for basketball for her. This got my my lungs :dash: burning! Thank you for the workout.

4 Likes

Loved this split step drill, such a simple, effective and necessary skill. Glad no arms today cause mine are still sore from my attempt at Jonny Pickleball push ups! Thanks for helping us get better, Dayne.

2 Likes

A good reason I didn’t get the 90 seconds and did the 60 seconds instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

Hey Dayne I forgot to take a picture but wanted to say thanks for the fun workout!

2 Likes

@K_Norris Fantastic!! What I love about the “box drills,” is you can modify them any way you wish - there are an infinite amount of footwork options within that square. Love it! :facepunch:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi @K2_COLS_OH … yeah, the split-step is crucial in this sport (and others), that too often, gets overlooked. Glad you put yourself through a little burn today.

1 Like

@Sandy1965 Exactly! So what’s best for you!

1 Like

Hey @betterpickleball … it’s great because you can go crazy hard with them, or light, based on what you need / want.

@ryroo Love it!! Let’s goooooo!

I really felt that workout in my quads. I’ve never worked on my footwork like that as I visualize playing. I loved it. I did much better at minute 18 than minute 1…haha! Thanks for these awesome drills! Great workout!

4 Likes

Did day five this morning and now just finished the day six drill. Really got a sweat going for me with this!

3 Likes

Drills with my youngest today. He got up bright and early to come and play with me this morning.

1 Like

Thank you for Day06 Dayne, albeit late posting a picture!
I used my driveway and it has natural horizontal lines.
If I stick with this one, it will help me with several weaknesses, especially the side sweep type step up at the NVZ!
This is a real leg burner!

Whew! Finished day 6. Broke it into 2 ten minute workouts as my upper legs were quite stiff. Not use to this much workout every day but I am going to keep on trekking!

Awesome workout @Dayne!! I didn’t realize how bad I was at split stepping until I had to do this workout haha!

That was hard to do that many split steps in a row. Thanks for the workout. @smcshinsky @Jmcshinsky

1 Like