Day 12 - COVID 19-day Pickleball Fitness Challenge with Nicole Havlicek & Jordan Briones

Onix    TMPR      Selkirk    Electrum   
pb1965logogreen2

Your Instructors:
Nicole Havlicek - @nicole & Jordan Briones

profile-pickleball-pro-nicole-havlicek profile-pickleball-pro-jordan-briones

Detailed instructional outline by @PickleballPhil

1. What are we doing

Setting aside ANOTHER 19 minutes to complete ANOTHER awesome challenge! We do this in order to grow together as a community and build habits that are going to keep us moving forward towards our ultimate goals!

Nicole and Jordan are bringing us some AWESOME drills to do with our paddle and a wall. I am excited to see how I can do the ones with just a ball and a paddle. What is needed is a wall, ball, and paddle.

2. Why it works

Remember your brain is hardwired to function within routine and habits. Try to do your drills at the same time in your routine! Hand-eye coordination is so important because it is such a major part of the game!

I’ve done this drill where a partner hits the ball to you and you soften it enough that you can hit it a second time back to your partner and it was GAME CHANGING! I am excited to have you guys do todays workout because of what I did for my eye hand coordination.

3. How it relates to pickleball

I’m not sure you are aware of this, but eye hand coordination is part of Pickleball…of course you were aware! I love this particular drill because it requires me to find the control to soften the ball and then hit it again back controlled. Control is so necessary at the line.

4. Outline & Demonstration Activities:

Wall Track

(1x forehand-1x backhand)
Wall Bounce ➞Tap Up ➞ Bounce ➞ Wall ➞Repeat
Side Jump and Hold
Wall Bounce ➞Tap Up ➞ Wall ➞Repeat
Airplane➞One leg balance with reach
Wall Bounce ➞Tap Up ➞ Bounce➞Repeat
One Leg Balance with Ball Toss
Wall ➞Tap Up ➞ Wall ➞Repeat

No Wall Track

(1x forehand-1x backhand)
Tap up ➞Bounce ➞ Tap Up ➞ Catch ➞ Repeat
Side Jump and Hold
Tap Up ➞ Catch➞Repeat
Airplane➞One leg balance with reach
Tap Up ➞ Bounce➞ Edge Up ➞Catch ➞ Repeat
One Leg Balance with Ball Toss
Tap Up ➞ Face ➞ Tap Up ➞ Edge ➞ Catch ➞Repeat

5. Go & Do - Return & Report

Review how this fits in your day, ALWAYS! Sometimes it takes multiple times of your routine to find out what you are willing to do consistently. Now, reply to this post and put your proof you completed the challenge! This is a GREAT video challenge for all of us to do that will help us improve our lives and ultimately work together towards a greater goal!

Reply below to “post your proof” yellow arrow down

4 Likes

Another great day here at the COVID Fitness Challenge & it’s MOTHER’S DAY!

Happy Mother’s Day Everyone!! :hearts: :sunflower:

Thank you to all the Mom’s out there. You are superstars in my eyes. :trophy: I seriously marvel at your skills.

Here’s my first gift to Mom today:

I hope she likes it and I’m excited to see her reaction. :smile: She’s not up yet.

Have an amazing day and I hope you also find time to get your workout in today.

I wanna see :eyes: those pics!

8 Likes

Happy Mothers Day!!

I am so excited for this workout! I will not be doing a workout today, but will combine today’s workout with tomorrow. I’m gonna go make my wife some breakfast!! Happy Mother’s day to all you mothers! You are amazing and I am seriously blessed to have my mother and wife in my life!

10 Likes

Thanks @nicole and Jordan for this awesome workout! My wife opted to sleep in for her Mother’s Day morning, so my son ran around while did the workout. I elected to go with Track 2. This is a fantastic workout! I am excited to implement it while waiting for games, etc.

8 Likes

Awesome @Joe_Zaleski! Yeah, track 2 is a good one for sure that you can do anywhere at any time. Cute pic of you and your boy. He looks super happy to be with Dad. Way to let your wife get some extra R&R today. No doubt she deserves it!

2 Likes

Great pic of a cute fam! Love the matching tie dye shirts. Thanks for all that you’re doing for this challenge. Great work! Hope wifey enjoyed her breakfast :yum:

And…looking forward to your pic tomorrow!

1 Like

@nicole and Jordan what a great challenge. This one was totally different than the rest of what we have done so far and it was a great change of pace. super challenging if you stay in more of a squat position. Thank you guys for sharing this and thank for everything you guys do with primetime pickleball as you have helped me grow as a player since the start of my pickleball Journey 1.5 years ago. Happy Mothers day to all the Pickleballist moms out there!

6 Likes

I’m also going to be doing a double workout tomorrow. This looks great though!

5 Likes

We are not having evening services right now at church, so my husband and I went to the church gym and did the wall drills. Loved them!

He opted out of the balance drills, but I love doing them! It was a great workout @nicole and Jordan! I will definitely do these again!

4 Likes

Couldn’t spend Mother’s Day with my daughter, but pickleball drills are the next best thing! I did the track 2 ball drills, they were challenging and really fun. Liked the balance drills too. Thank you Nicole and Jordan!

6 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day! I completed the workout after being spoiled by my family today. Thank you @nicole and Jordan for the workout. It is one I will continue to do. I have plenty of room for growth with the wall exercises so I will continue to work on those.

3 Likes

I see what looks like a lobster ball machine there. I am looking to buy something and am thinking about one of them. How do you like it? Do you use it much?

1 Like

Yes, the ball machine is The Pickle from Lobster. We like it and haven’t had any issues with it. We have two girls ages 7 and 10 so our biggest issue we have is when we get it out they are the ones who get to use it because they love to practice with it. It is easy to setup and adjust.

3 Likes

I am excited to do this workout tomorrow! I had a great Mother’s Day! My husband and 14 year ofd son made me lunch and my 27 year old and his girlfriend made me dinner. What a great day being served by my kids.

3 Likes

Today’s workout was great!! I found that hitting the ball on the edge was much more difficult than I thought. Something to work on! Video will come later this evening!

3 Likes

I loved these pickleball drills and balancing skills! Thanks!!!

3 Likes

These were awesome. Thanks Jordan and Nichole! I’ll be doing them again for sure.

2 Likes

After the drills we tried dink volleys to each other while on one foot. @Jmcshinsky and @smcshinsky

2 Likes

So glad you liked it Kolby! Yeah, we figured that since we’re practically right in the middle of the challenge that we’d mix it up for everyone a bit while still allowing you to push yourself physically if you choose. Glad you found that to be the case. Happy to hear that you enjoy our videos and that they have helped you on your pickle ball journey. That’s our goal so it’s good to know we’re on the right track. Keep up the great work!

2 Likes